Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another AM Run - this time upside down

I decided to be daring and venture out of the gym this morning to do a run in the park near by my hotel. Well first things first, I can't see the park from the hotel so I look it up and it seems pretty close by. I'm wearing shorts and a tank top... it's about 50 degrees this morning. What a shock to the body! I run up the street, it's a major road so I make sure to look right instead of left (don't want to be hit by any more cars this trip). After a tremendous hill, I'm wondering what I was thinking and then see the sign for Lane Cove National Park. Looks like a nice place so I run across a 6 lane highway (they call it motorway here) and enter the park unscathed.

As I'm running it seems pretty down hill... good news, but not for the trip back I think. I begin to follow this other runner that just lapped me probably twice as I'm trying to read signs. It's cold!! I then find the trail and begin a normal pace to come face to face with a hill that looks like a 90 degree incline! What the heck! So, jogging I make it up the hill going slower than walking backwards.

Then the run begins to get fun. I see a few people on bikes that say "g'day". I make it to a turn and end up right back on that 6 lane highway... but across the street again! Wait a minute... I don't remember crossing any street or going under/over any bridges. Some how, I've miraculously done a loop right across a 6 lane highway and missed it. Well, I'm doubting that I'm across the highway so I keep running and what do you know... I end up at my hotel. Very odd. I guess that shows me to try to run in OZ!

-s

No comments:

Post a Comment