Monday, August 23, 2010

First Duathlon



I ran my first ever duathlon this weekend which consisted of a 2 mile beach run, 10 mile bike and then a 3.1 mile beach run. My brother-in-law did the triathlon the same day which swapped the 2 mile run for a 1/4 mile swim.

The race was a lot of fun... I beat myself up well. Wore my bikila's the whole time too. My initial run was okay - around a 10 min mile. Then was the 10 mile bike... which was terrible! Everyone was going faster than me on my mountain bike and I mean at least 10 mph faster. I really need a better bike for the next race (if I do one). Last was a 3.1 mile run which I did really well even though my legs felt like jelly. I was surprised to see that my time for the 2nd run was 27 minutes which is almost a personal best. Overall my time was 1:36:35 and my brother-in-law finished in an amazing 1:19:10.

Well, I really would like to try a triathlon sprint next.. just have to practice my swimming.

Here are some pictures...





















-s

1 comment: