Wednesday, December 21, 2011

P thru Z

So our office is having a holiday event today and they’re giving away about 25 prizes including money, 59” 3D TV’s, iPads, gift cards, etc. There were very simple instructions to pick up your raffle ticket between 9 am and 12:45 pm. When I arrived this morning I walked on a line to pick up my raffle ticket and found that the lines were organized alphabetically. A-G, H-O and P-Z… The signs were difficult to see so I grab a few people and help them along to their correct line while I go stand on the P-Z line… now, if you know me, my last name starts with an ‘M’. Obviously I don’t know my friggin alphabet but neither does anyone else!!! I sit on this line for 20 minutes talking to everyone, making fun of the H-O line that is taking MUCH longer than mine. I get up to the front of the line and Sue (the person who’s giving out the tickets) laughs at me and says… you’re on the wrong line! ‘M’ is over there! Oh how embarrassing. So in good holiday spirit, I cut in front of the H-O line and get my ticket while the people on the line make fun of me until I get into the elevator. No excuses, I simply don’t know my alphabet.

Happy Holidays!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment