Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How to Get Her to Talk On the Phone

Last night the little piggy would not stop singing her new song "nonna, papa, nonna, papa, nonna, papa...". It's cute the first minute or so and then it gets into your head like one of those annoying songs so you're singing "nonna, papa, nonna, papa, nonna, papa..." too. I decided to pick up the phone and have her talk to her beloved "nonna, papa" rather than singing it to herself. Now, to give you a little background. When the phone is off, the little piggy will talk up a storm as if there was someone on the other line. However, when there is actually someone there, she doesn't say a word. Odd... I know. So I told my father not to say anything and he sat there while the little piggy said "Hi Papa, Hi Nonna, Duck, Quack, Quack, blah, blah, blah, blah, ya, ya, ya, etc." Then he handed the phone to my mother and the little piggy said "Hi Nonna" whent into her list of words. Then my sister got on the line and she said "Hi Gigi" but it sounded like "Hi didi". It was tons of fun and in the end she said "bye" to everyone and that was that. Well, Uncle Tony then called and said, "hey, I missed her talking, put her on the phone." He proceeded to speak to her and she didn't say a word. I then told him not to say anything... and then she started talking. "Hi Ony" for Tony. It was great. Well, I think we figured it out. My family talks way too much and doesn't give the little piggy a chance to say anything. So now, we all have to shut up and let her talk and she'll deliver ever so nicely.

-s

No comments:

Post a Comment