Monday, August 31, 2009

iPhone - Can't Send/Reply to Email

Suddenly this weekend I was unable to reply to email on my iPhone 3GS. Both my Exchange and Gmail accounts were giving me trouble. It was very annoying so this morning I decided to search for a resolution... well this site had the right answer in case you are looking for the same thing. I followed the steps to remove my accounts but then couldn't add the accounts.

Thanks to my new iPhone guru James, he showed me how to turn off wireless while at work, reset the connection, and connect only through 3G.
1. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and switch to "Off" (Turn Wireless Off)
2. Then back to the main Settings screen and turn Airplane Mode On and then Off again (Reset Connection)
3. Now your phone will be connected through 3G

Then he told me where in the building had the best service (4th floor, South Side by the bathrooms in case anyone cares) and I went there and was able to add back my email accounts.

Issue resolved! Yey! Now off to call AT&T to see what I need to do to get this phone to work in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment