Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"O" for Olivia

Liv has been learning how to recognize her letters lately. Her dad showed her that her letter was "O", mommy's is "S" and daddy's is "J". So, every time she sees one of these letters, on a sign, in a book, on the TV, on a passing car, she is absolutely amazed and yells - "Look Mommy, "O" for Olivia" (substitute with S and J and Mommy and Daddy in those cases as well). One funny thing is that almost every morning we drive past a Hooters on our way to the office and my little bug yells out "Look Mommy, 'O' for Olivia!" I say, yes baby, two O's but not for you. :)

Here's a quick update on my mystery condition that makes me pass out and dizzy at random times. I had a tilt table test in the hospital a few weeks back. Besides the fact that the test made me feel horrible as they pumped adrenaline into my body, things went well. I do not have Neurocardiogenic Syncope (meaning I didn't pass out during the test) but my blood pressure did drop as I was standing which has led to the diagnosis of Orthostatic Hypotension. My heart rate is still very low and the dizziness never fully goes away though it gets better and worse at times. It's frustrating as there are many reasons why a person may have Orthostatic Hypotension but all the tests I've done haven't resulted in anything positive. For now, I will not be taking any blood pressure medication as I can't be on the medication within 6 months of being pregnant. No, I'm not pregnant, but we're hoping to try for another within the next few months. That will probably increase my blood pressure! :)

So, instead of dwelling on this, J, Liv and I are going away skiing for 5 days in Vermont. Hopefully I don't pass out! (JK) Should be some good days out in fresh powder as they're supposed to get 2 ft of snow while we're there. I'm looking forward to teaching Liv how to ski.

I'll post pictures when we're back! Bye!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment