Tuesday, February 5, 2013

NYS complaint center response 30 days later "you logged your complaint in the wrong system"

A month ago I read an article in Newsday that stated if you're having trouble getting a response from your insurance company, log a complaint with the NYS Department of Financial Services here- http://www.dfs.ny.gov/consumer/fileacomplaint.htm

So, of course, I filed a complaint.

30 days later, I recieve a call from this complaint center only to be informed that my insurance company (National Flood Insurance Program) is a federal entity and therefore NYS can't follow up on my complaint. Instead, I have to log a complaint with the Federal Government.

So being facetious, I ask the woman on the phone "how do I log a complaint about the NYS complaint system?"

Yea, that got me nowhere... ;)

-s

No comments:

Post a Comment