Thursday, February 7, 2013

WNYC Interview of Sandy Czar Shaun Donovan leaves much to be desired

#sandy #disaster #wnyc

I listened to an interview of Shaun Donovan aka the Sandy Czar this morning on WNYC NY Public Radio.  Interesting interview where Mr. Donovan claimed that there was so much help available.  I think they forgot about a few things so I left this comment on their site:

----Begin Comment----
I'm a bit unimpressed by this interview this morning.  Soterios let Shaun Donovan off scott free by not diving into his comment regarding insurance.  Mr. Donovan stated “if they have insurance, they need to work with their insurance companies to get that”.  Interesting comment as none of these FEMA funds he is referring to during the interview are available to homeowners who have not yet heard back from their insurance companies… EVEN if their insurance company happens to be the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) administered by the US Department of Homeland Security (and FEMA).  It’s been 3 months and I haven’t heard any idea of when we’ll receive our money from NFIP.  When you call to complain, they hang up on you.  I just received my insurance renewal bill in the mail from FEMA/NFIP… they were on time with the bill and even raised it a few hundred dollars but they can’t even remotely respond to me on our claim from 3 months ago.  Now that’s a story NPR should be reporting.  The true story of why Sandy victims are still in a bind despite all the “help” available.  By the way, I live in western-Suffolk county which was hit hard by Sandy.  Don’t forget about us tax paying, insurance covered, homeowners over here that are struggling to find a place to live in the aftermath.
----End Comment----

Let's see if they respond...
-s

No comments:

Post a Comment