Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

So, it's another holiday and now we have a baby so everyone wants to see her. On Thanksgiving we went 2 places and on Christmas we went 5 (yes that's five as in one, two, three, four, five). However, since Easter is not like Christmas, I decide it might be better if we just spend the holiday in one location. The idea of not having to pack and unpack the kid 12 times sounds very appealing and almost too good to be true! So, first comes the communication of our plans... of course, each mini-announcement is countered by a "since you're not coming over for Easter" message or a "oh! but you're gonna miss, blah, blah, blah". I don't think people mean to say these things or maybe I'm being over sensitive because somehow I've created my own guilt-trip for not doing 5 houses on a Sunday-before-work holiday. Well, we made it through the day pretty unscathed. It was actually nice! The in-laws came over in the morning for a bit, then we went for a nice walk just the 3 of us to the docks. After that we enjoyed a huge meal (as usual) at my parents house and we were home by 7pm, in time to prepare for the work week (which is more work than you can imagine). We packed lunches, bottles, diapers, baby food, clothes, linens for daycare and replenished the emergency kits in the car with the same... diapers, food, clothes, etc. All of that and then watched a movie. Very relaxing. The Little Piggy went to sleep on time. ~~~~ But of course, just as we were ready to nod off, she screamed out... and continued to do that way into the night and the morning. I guess it can't always be a scheduled day to relax!

Well, Happy Easter everyone!

-s

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice holiday. I promise I won't say OH! your not coming over. because I know you will always be at my house. Now, that's a good guilt- trip for ya!
    I really understand because I have been going to 2 houses every holiday for about 20 years. I'll understand when its my turn that I'll hear from my beautiful daughters voice that she won't becoming over this holiday. But, don't feel guilty I'll just be looking out my dining room window waiting for you to pass by and have some dessert!!! guilt trip guilt trip LA LA LA it's great being a mother.
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete