Monday, March 24, 2008

Leaving Las Vegas

So it’s official, I’m leaving my current job after 7 years of exciting times. I don’t know how to position this but it’s a good thing for me… finally, I’ve made a decision for my career that doesn’t consider everyone else’s feelings and needs. I’m staying at this boring ol’ software company but moving to a new role. The new role is exciting… for one, it’s new! I’ll get to learn something and at least be able to network in a new group. I’m also going to have what my friend Rufvi calls “a mentor” not a “meant-well”.

This change has come as a surprise to many.
Some have told me it’s a bad idea and said I’ll be bored in 3 months.
Others have said “how could you leave us!”
Then there are my friends… the people who truly care about my well being. They’ve only encouraged me. They’ve told me that this is a great move, something I should have done long ago and they’re proud of me and will support me although they will miss me being part of the team. Thank you friends! I’ll still be around to help everyone along when there are questions. My official transfer date is April 7th and then on April 14th I’m full time in my new role.

So, yes, as Sheryl Crow would sing... I'm leaving Las Vegas and I won't be back, No I won't be back, Not this time...
-s

No comments:

Post a Comment