Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lucky 13!

I have 13 days to go until I'm full time in my new job. April 14th couldn't come any sooner, let me tell you. Just when I'm wondering why I'm leaving and why I shouldn't just stay and fix everything again like I always do, I'm presented with a bright and cheery (or rather dark and angry) reminder that moving on is the best thing for me.

Really, I think I almost jumped through the phone to strangle someone today. That's not healthy!! (Or maybe it is... we'll know soon enough) Some people say I can't work without this type of hostility. I say, I'd like to try it myself sometime before forming an opinion.

I've been trying to get my current management to actually announce that I'm leaving in an official, supportive way so that it doesn't look like we're at odds. I've gotten, "yes, send me a draft of the message and I'll send it out". Yea... that's a promise they haven't yet kept. With 13 days and about a half a nerve remaining, I'm not sure what will come of this group when I'm gone. I only hope that they don't try to pin it on me... on second thought, what am I thinking!?! Of course they're going to pin the failures on me... that's the only way to make my leaving a benefit for everyone else.

Well, on this lucky 13th day left in my current job, I really needed to vent. I'm glad that not many work friends read this blog. ;)

-s

1 comment:

  1. "yes, send me a draft of the message and I'll send it out".

    I hate that. I hate when your manager says "write me the message". And what do *you* do, Mr Manager, if not "announce messages"? Coz you sure as hell don't sit in the trenches pulling all the weight, and now you want me to write the message for you too? Tell ya what, why don't I write your resignation letter while I'm at it?

    ReplyDelete