Monday, May 4, 2009

Office 2007 SP2 is Available

I'm installing it now... there's supposed to be a lot of work to done to speed up Outlook performance if anyone has been seeing the lag.

Here's the link to download... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en

-s

Update - 5/5, after about 15 minutes of install and 30 minutes of migrating my 22 GB of PST's, things look like they're working smoothly. I'll let you know if I recommend downloading soon... just not yet.

Update - 5/6, okay so yesterday I had some major locking up docking station issues. I don't know if it was related to Office SP2 but one minute my docking station was working and the next minute it went crazy. After about 20 minutes of being disconnected from the docking station, it started to work again.

Update - 5/13, so it's been just over 1 week since I've installed SP2. The only issue I've seen is a conflict with my corporate security patching system (the system thinks it still needs me to apply patches and keeps trying every morning). No issues with SP2 it self. Outlook is running much more quickly. Very nice... Okay, so now I think you can all upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment