Thursday, April 3, 2008

Does not play well with others

I just received my performance appraisal from my current manager today so I figured I'd share the fun.

The appraisal starts out with the highest scores in all areas. I received the highest score for team work, highest score for building productive working relationships but then suddenly there is a negative (how could he- gasp!). Apparently, I simply can't resolve conflicts with others!

The summary goes on to say that I'm known as a "difficult person to manage" but my current manager doesn't believe that... nooooooo... he thinks that's a farce and that's why he wrote it in my review. The only area he suggests that I look to improve upon is my communication skills when I'm upset or frustrated. Okay, so I agree with that. I need to stop scaring people into doing their jobs. I also need to stop using my
list so often. Well, I know I can do that and will... this is my pledge!

Okay... so now onto the really good part of the review... two comments that made me laugh and wonder out loud...
- I am a "smart person that has the commitment to get things done that may “irritate” people".
- I should learn "by observing how other executives (that have good personality skills) react in similar situations."

This is very Dilbert-esque if I may say so myself.
I don't know if anyone has found it yet but I need a solution to my personality issue. I have to develop my "personality skills" as they are not currently "good".

You know what, while you're all googling to see how one can change their "personality skills" I'm gonna take my irritating, unmanageable, uncommunicative, bad personality self and get the heck out of here!

-s

No comments:

Post a Comment