Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Efwhyohten

I know that I'm quite anal retentive at times... or most times. I guess I was made to be this way (that's my excuse at least). At first it started with my job. One of the many responsibilities that I took on (because no one else was doing it) was finding what is wrong with a project and pointing it out to be fixed. Kind of like a business QA person. Well that is what started it all... now I find myself correcting the way people speak, critiquing driving skills, editing emails that my friends and family send me... and to not be a hypocrite, it takes me FOREVER to get anything done because it always has to be perfect. I've turned into a Correction Monster... and it scares me. Well, at least I'm not a Cookie Monster.. they're getting rid of him (did you hear that!?! It's crazy, they want to replace him with a veggie monster or something like that. That makes me angry. I like cookies damn it!).

Anyway, on to my original thought... this correction monster I've become causes me the most internal pain that anyone could imagine. It actually hurts when someone makes a mistake and I can't correct them because I have to be nice. So, today, I'm very annoyed by people who have called Fiscal Year 2010, FY010. They're probably making an honest mistake because they were saying FY09, or FY0something for so long so they don't realize that the year 2010 isn't the year 010 but I can't take it anymore!!! Stop it people, it's not efwhyohten (FY010), it's efwhyten (FY10) or efwhytwothousandten (FY2010).

Okay.. now that I got that out I can continue talking to these people and assume that they've already received my correction.

-s/cm

No comments:

Post a Comment