Friday, April 11, 2008

Last day...

So today is my last day working on any of the old projects. I've wanted to do a countdown every day until today but that would have been a bit much. I sent out a note to tell everyone it's the last day and I even used the subject "last day...". Finally the old mgr, we'll call him BJ, decided to take initiative to transfer work over to other team members. BJ's had about a month an a half notice to get this done and hasn't taken even 10 minutes to understand what there is to transition. So today he decides is the day to transition, talk about procrastination! Well good luck getting in touch with me BJ. I'm busy now...

Although moving on to a new challenge was in the cards for me, It's sad to be leaving. I feel like I've left the company and wonder if I should have left the company (we'll talk about that in future blogs). I'm sitting in my new cubicle in this new area with new faces and it's a scary feeling. I haven't been the newbie in 7 years! It's quite a change.

I've been learning the new role, at a snails pace (in my eyes). I hope it picks up a bit soon because I might bore myself to death. My blogs are even getting boring; somebody stop this!!!

Well, I've committed to giving this a chance for at least 90-days... so to support my countdown initiative Monday is day 90. Rather, to make this more positive, we'll do a count up... Monday is day 1.


-s

No comments:

Post a Comment