Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Put it in "the book"

There are always things that you say you're going to do when you have a child but end up not doing them because you simply don't have time. When I was pregnant I always wanted to take pictures of my belly growing each week and then in the end, come out with a video. When I had the baby I wanted to make sure she used all of her clothes and didn't out grow anything before she got to wear it once. Then there were other ludicrous things that I thought I would do like write a story of my experience of being pregnant so that my daughter would be able to read it one day. Oh yea and I always planned on getting professional photos of her done and sending it out to everyone in the family. There are so many things that I wanted to do and actually planned to do but never actually did. My mom thinks that I did all of these things. Why? No particular reason. I never told her that I would do them or committed to it. She just assumes that I did these things. One particular thing that she thinks I'm doing with the abundance of time that I have is writing the baby's firsts in a book. Like when she first smiles or first waves. My Mom thinks I'm writing down the date and what happened in some pretty little book that will never be looked at until I have grandchildren. Yea... she even goes to the point of calling me to remind me to put things in "the book". It always seems that she reminds me to write things down when they're about her. Well, I broke the news to her on Saturday we were at my cousins engagement party that there wasn't any book. I didn't want to break her heart and all but she kept insisting that I don't forget to put down in "the book" that the baby reached out to her today for the first time. Now... I'm not sure why the first time the baby reaching out to my mother would be something I would want to write down but she said it about 15 times and I almost went nuts! So, to stop her from spinning out of control, I simply stated "what book?" OMG... what a face she gave me. It was like I stole her last cookie. She was so upset and hurt. "Mom," I proceeded to say. "I never created a book of dates for the baby." She then went off on me... After all the how could you, why didn't you and I'm upsets, I stopped her and said that I remember all the dates and I'll write them down as soon as I got home. I think she was satisfied with that muttering something along the lines of "I did it for you" (by the way, I never saw this so called book of dates that she made for me). So... on April 12, 2008, on the Little Piggy's 7 month birthday, she reached out to Nonna to be picked up. She also waved to everyone at the party while she ate her bottle like a goat (you know like how a goat stretches out its neck to eat from a bottle at the game farm). I think she even says "Hi" every once in a while... it's more like a screeching "Hiiiiiiiiiii" but hey.. in the spirit of writing things down, she first started that on March 29th after my sisters bridal shower. She also first sat up on her own sometime in early March (probably the first week of March). She started singing "La, la, la" about a week and a half ago, right around the same time that she started puffing up her cheeks and blowing hard to turn her face red and spray us all with food. Oh!! and her 3rd ear infection happened yesterday! How exciting!!

So... I wrote it down now stop bothering me.
-s

No comments:

Post a Comment