Monday, April 28, 2008

Milestone Week

It's been a busy week and I haven't had a chance to blog about all the things that have happened. For instance, I wanted to tell everyone why they shouldn't buy anything from Home Depot Expo... but I'll get to that another day after I get my refund. I'm sure you'll enjoy the story. Really, what I wanted to do today is make sure my Mother is happy... so I'm going to tell everyone about the Little Piggy's milestone week.

Two weeks ago the Little Piggy was sick. She didn't want to eat or anything. Starting Monday (April 21st) she bounced back with a vengeance. Now she won't eat any baby food, she wants regular people food. When you try to give her anything mashed, she ever so elegantly blows on the spoon so that it sprays directly on your face. As I said before, it's an art to feed her but now she eats pasta, turkey burgers, hot dogs, beans, chicken, pizza (without cheese of course), avocado, turkey meatloaf/meatballs and anything else you put within 5 feet of her.

She even had the guts to belt out "Mommy" last Monday and has proceeded with "Mama" whenever she is not asked to say it. So, of course, when people hear she says "Mama" they say, "Little Piggy, say Mama. Maaaaa maaaaa" and they go on and on... but no, the Little Piggy just sits there and smiles. She refuses to do anything on demand. She has her own schedule.

Today she has moved from a crib to a cot at the school. She's 7 months old and she's out of the crib, on the floor with the rest of the kids. I put her on the cot this morning and she gets on all fours and rocks back and forth like she's about to launch herself off of the thing. Get ready for this crazy kid. She'll probably be crawling today (or rather when ever she feels like it). It was a bit scary when I had to sign a permission slip to put her on the cot this morning. It's as if they want to warn you that you have now reached the point of no return. Thanks! I appreciate the encouragement.

Anyway, I'll hopefully blog later this week about Home Depot Expo and why no one should ever spend their money there.

-s

No comments:

Post a Comment